Thursday, October 1, 2015

The Very First One



Hi!
This is my first blog post, so I really have no idea what to write. I suppose I’ll introduce myself, explain why I decided I needed a blog, and share pictures of my cats. (Because this is the Internet…And it’s my blog!)

I’m Lydia; I am twenty-seven, I enjoy writing, baking, hand quilting, reading, eating good food, gardening, and dabbling in a whole host of artsy things. I am not an expert in any of these fields, but I do love sharing things that I find inspiring, or beautiful, or entertaining.  I have been telling stories and writing them in some form or fashion for pretty much my whole life, so that’s as close to “expertise” as I can get. I’ve learned that there will always be someone better at everything than I am, but if I sit around waiting to be the best--or even be good--at something, it’ll never happen.
Smokie. He's also called Fuzzems.

That’s why I have decided to start this blog. I want to learn, I want to try something new, and I want to stretch myself. I’ll probably look back on this “fist blog ever” and be embarrassed in years to come, but we’ve all got to start somewhere!   


Kitty. Also known as Mr. Evil

5 comments:

  1. Good job! Life secret, everyone knows more about something than you do. Find out what it is and learn from them. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "If I sit around waiting to be the best--or even be good--at something, it’ll never happen."

    This is perfect!

    ReplyDelete